Ensure that You are Sending Sensitive Information Securely
1. If you are sending sensitive information, the Web site address should start with https://. The 's' stands for secure.
2. You can also look for a padlock icon or a solid key icon on your Web browser.
3. To learn more about the security of the site, click on the padlock (or key) icon.
4. Also, look to see if the site has a note about the security of your information. The industry standard for protecting your information is called SSL -- which stands for secure sockets layer.
5. In general, you should never purchase goods from a site unless you have reason to believe the vendor is reputable.
|To pause, use the controls on the bottom of the video. [about this video]|