Password Protect Your Computer in Windows XP
1. Click the Start button.
2. Select the Control Panel menu item.
3. After the Control Panel window opens, select the User Accounts link.
4. Make sure to password protect all of your computer user accounts -- especially the Administrator accounts.
5. Under User Accounts, click the name of a user who is not password protected.
6. Select the Create a Password option.
7. Click the text box below Type a new password: and type your password. Then in the box below, re-type the password to confirm, and then below that, type a password hint to help you remember.
8. Click the text box below Create Password button.
9. Repeat this process for all your computer's user accounts.
|To pause, use the controls on the bottom of the video. [about this video]|