Disable SSID broadcast in NETGEAR
1. Make sure you're connected to your wireless network.
2. In your web browser, type in the address http://www.routerlogin.net. Press Enter.
3. When the Prompt dialogue box appears, type in your User Name and Password. Click OK.
4. The Router Manager window will appear. Under the Setup header, click on Wireless Settings. Type in your User Name and Password. Press Enter.
5. Select the text next the words Name (SSID) -- default is NETGEAR. Type a new name in the space, like "my home wifi." Click Apply.
6. Under the Advanced header, click on click on Wireless Settings. Type in your User Name and Password. Click OK or press Enter.
7. Under Wireless Router Settings, un-check the box next to Enable SSID Broadcast. Click Apply.
8. Now, your WiFi network "my home wifi" will no longer appear as an "Available Wireless Network." You must remember the name "my home wifi" to be able to access this network.
|To pause, use the controls on the bottom of the video. [about this video]|